Casa Isabella Palazzo Ducale history

History

Casa Isabella ducal palace was built in 1878 ordered by Duke Nicola de Sangro, Grandee of Spain of 1st class in honour of his wife Isabella de Medici.

The first-born son of Riccardo de Sangro of the Princes of San Severo and of Maria Argentina Caracciolo of the Dukes of Martina, belonged to the Sangro family. This family was one of the oldest of the Reign of Naples, whose origins were before 1000 a.c. and went down the descent of the Carolingian kings and the Longobard family of Earl of Marsi; during the half of ‘700, when Charles of Bourbon settled in the Naples Kingdom, this family subjugated a high percentage of Apulia population.

Since its foundation Casa Isabella became halting place for the corn trade because was on the way from the Otranto land to the Customs in Capitanata and because de Sangro family had feudal jurisdiction on great part of the territory.

Casa Isabella ducal palace was restored  in 1999 according to the original structure with warehouse, wheat storeroom, and shelter for travellers, the noble floor and the rooms for servants, reception rooms and billiard room, the large stone inner yard with the private chapel, the cellars and the vast age-old park.

Hotel and Rooms

 

Special proposals

Casa Isabella, c/o Palazzo Ducale
74010 Localitą San Basilio - MOTTOLA (Taranto) ITALY
Tel. +39 099 8833224 / +39 099 8866325
Fax +39 099 8833256
e-mail: info@casaisabella.it


Choose your language
IT / EN

Attestato Online
© Copyright Atal Srl - PALAZZO DUCALE - 74017 San Basilio Mottola, TA - VAT 02123870731 - All rights reserved. credits Ricevimenti in Puglia